Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Cool Whip

As I start in on my third dish of gingerbread and cool whip it strikes me how long it has been since I properly appreciated this processed product cleverly disguised as real food. I mean, it's been years, at least, since I've had a big old spoonful dolloped on my grandmother's apple pie. White stuff, she'd call it. Hydrogenated oils and high fructose cornsyrup, the label proclaims it. Sweet heaven, I'm calling it. I think I grew up and thought it below my dignity, but damn, rediscover it! It is GREAT!
And I'm nursing, all right, I have at least 500 more calories a day to spend -- and that's one thing I'm damn good at. Eating. One of my real talents, actually. La gourmande. Now that's a T-shirt I'd be proud to wear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home