Wednesday, November 30, 2005

persimmon passion

Having finished off the last of the cool whip and gingerbread, I'm forced to turn to the fruit bowl to satisfy my voracious appetite. One of the very best things about living in California is the amazing fresh fruit available year round. The farmer's market has something wonderful every week. Abundent, fresh, sweet... ah! Persimmon season is winding down now. I forget what comes next -- tangerines, I think. But a moment for persimmons. Fuyu, yes, not the cotton-mouth giving Hiyacha variety. Lovely orange and just a little sweet with a texture somewhere between an apple and a pear.
Why am I writing about fruit? Because everything else seems just too complicated. You can't go wrong with fruit!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twenty below and my watery eyes looked up at the sound of a jet carving its way through through the blue-white cool whip. jgm

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home