Wednesday, April 19, 2006

another big day

It is unreasonable for me to get angry at the neighbors who insist on using powertools in the middle of the day while my son is napping, and yet I do. I seethe. I call them foul names in the privacy of my own home. I reserve the worst names, though, and the most vitriol, for the morons who roar up and down the street on their motorcycles at all hours of the day and night. This afternoon, the assholes next door are using a circular saw over and over for some unfathomable reason. And the idiots across the way are edging their lawn with a weed wacker for, like, hours. It is mostly for selfish reasons that I am so incensed of course. I want free time, as much of it as I can wrench from the day. There are all kinds of things I should be doing, but mostly I contemplate them, and do not accomplish. I just called two daycare providers, though, left a message with one and found out the other had no openings. Whew. I am exhausted. Two down, 25 to go. I think I need a snack to recover while I read the new Vanity Fair. I sent M to work this morning with another long list of daycare folks to call. He'll wear his goofy little headset and call them all. I am SO glad I married him. I clearly needed someone to do my dirty work.
I would like to report, however, real progress on my schedule for my 4th year of school. I got the email for the office of medical education at a big community hospital and set up my sub-internship* and a couple other rotations. I'm going to give myself a transitional rotation first off, though everyone says you're supposed to jump right into your sub-I, with pulmonology. I really need to brush up on, well, just about everything, so I may as well start there. So far, my quest has only involved one phone call, to a delightful woman at Kaiser. Seriously, she couldn't have been nicer, so I have another block of rotations hopefully scheduled there. Whew.

*The "sub-internship" or "sub-I" as I understand it is the rotation where you pretend you're an intern. You get the responsibility and abuse heaped on you while not receiving a salary. This is termed a "great learning experience."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home