Tuesday, May 01, 2007

okay, I'm getting to work any minute now


A fine shot of my tonsils as I roar in triumph, having spent an entire day cajoling young master Gabriel to wear his bunny ears for a record shot.
More things I will miss:
1) Liberals. I have become comfortably accustomed to being surrounded by people who think about the world in a remarkably similar way to myself. In moving to a blazing red state, I can no longer take that for granted. And even though I'm sure to grow as a person by confronting my own biases and blah, blah, blah, there's nothing quite so comforting as KNOWING the rest of the world is quite insane, and far, far away.
2) My dog. I write this with great sadness. Fili, our mutt with more than a dash of pit bull, is canis non grata in Denver. Can you believe it? And I am choosing convenience over my dog. The guilt! It's true that we could select a far-flung suburb in which to reside, but I really, really don't want to commute during residency. And so, Fili will be moving in with Grandma and Grandpa to frolic and play on 20 acres of varmint-infested wilderness for at least 3 years. She will love it! I even think G'ma and G'pa will love it. But we will miss her terribly. In exchange, we've agreed to take in the ill-tempered and frail cat, Tabitha, that my parents inherited from my mom's best friend when she had to move into an Alzheimer's facility. It's musical pets! I sure hope Sammy and Tabitha hit it off okay. Hmm... We may all need to be sedated.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the bunny ears. Super cute!!!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home