Monday, October 16, 2006

museum day


Yesterday, very keen to escape the house on a dreary grey day, we drove over the bridge to the very cool exploratorium -- half playhouse, half science fair project-land. Though Gabriel is somewhat younger than the target audience, we thought he might enjoy looking at people and bright shiny objects. This, however, was not the case, and a brief interlude of ecstasy brought about by the bubble chamber aside, he pretty much hated the whole exercise. Sigh. And then there was traffic all the way home. We took turns yelling: ba ba ba! and: ga ga ga! and: la la la! until I thought I would go mad.
They clip his fingernails at daycare. The first couple times he grew talons they mentioned that they needed to be clipped, a sort of gentle reminder to mother to get with the grooming, I guess. Now they just do it because they know I'm a hopeless case. I usually manage to get one or two nails clipped at a sitting, then I lose my grip. They must hold him down with something very heavy.
I've just been troubled, though, by this nagging feeling that Gabriel might be better cared for if I just left him at daycare all the time. He seems so happy and content there. Once I bring him home, he's typically bored and screaming within the hour. Isn't he supposed to LOVE being at home with mom! Ha!
I just started a two-week radiology rotation, today. It's self-directed. And so after lunch I directed myself home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home