Friday, May 25, 2007

oopsie!

Little worker bee busily, busily packing boxes found a bill that needed paying and so sat right down, kerplunk, at the computer and dashed off an electronic funds transfer. Only, she added a few too many zeros and emptied her family's bank account into Cingular's cavernous coffers. Only realized it when sane, sensible husband sat down at computer two days later and freaked out when he saw we had NO MONEY LEFT!!! He took it really well, actually, and even managed to laugh, which, I think, demonstrates that 1) he loves me and 2) I'm not sure what.

Now, if we hadn't called the cell phone company and ever so politely asked for $3000 back, would we ever have seen that money again?

And do you not shudder to think what will happen when I'm on call in the wee hours and writing orders for, oh I don't know, MORPHINE?

Just thinking about this whole episode makes me want to drink heavily, light up a smoke and give up entirely, because ther is obviously NO HOPE FOR ME!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed really hard at this post, but it was WITH you, not AT you, since I came about a nanosecond from doing the exact same thing myself last month.
SW

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home