Saturday, February 11, 2006

the back pack wars

The bad-writing fairy has visited, I see. That last post was a bit of a jumble, for which I apologize. Dogs, babies, friends, school, the chaos that churns in my head sprawled out for all to see. I guess that's fair.
In other news, I'm searching for a baby backpack. It's time. I took a walk to the drugstore a couple miles down the road with Gabriel in the Bjorn the other day and seriously considered removing him and camping out for the remainder of the day on the streetcorner while my back recovered. In 5 short months we've witnessed an evolution in baby transport gizmos. First with the Mobywrap. Amazing invention. Gabriel wrapped up next to me as snug as a little bug. He slept! And slept some more! But then after 3 months or so, he wants to look around and does not, thank you very much, like to be turned forward in the sling. So out comes the B-jorn, which was M's fave all along. Little more structure and the kid loves hanging out and looking at the world. So now I'm looking at the Ergo, a soft backpack type thing and the Kelty/Deuter/Macpac frame contraptions. I know the one that I want: ergo, I will buy. But I think M. likes the idea of a sturdy frame, good for long hikes, etc. Maybe we'll get both, eventually. I definately carry the baby more and so I say my choice counts for more. This is how fascist regimes get started though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home