Saturday, December 24, 2005

fondue

So Merry Christmas one and all. May you spend the day preparing the things you will eat, gathering with others to celebrate the day. We're hunkering down as a small family to spend the next couple days. Today we're going to the beach, like we did last year. And one year ago today I found out I was pregnant. That was a pretty wild Christmas present. Tonight, we're making fondue, in the tradition of M's family. My family tradition of oyster stew on Christmas Eve is so horrid, I guarantee it will not survive this generation. There is something so very right in dipping bread in a pan of melted cheese. Truly a dish of celebration, warmth and excess. Tomorrow, though, Christmas pizza, a latter day tradition of my parents. Can't go wrong with homemade pizza. And while I know it won't be a good as my dad's, it'll remind me of home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home