Wednesday, December 14, 2005

a little something...from the cat

My mom sent a tub of Christmas cookies two days ago. I have been gorging on English toffee, lebkuchen and date bars ever since. There are a few sugar cookies in the mix too, and I predict those will linger longest. Sorry mom. Why do we always insist on making sugar cookies at Christmas? Perhaps my palate has been jaded by way too much chocolate. Despite their inoffensive blandness (which offends me!) they seem to take the decoration best, though. That's probably why. Anyway, nothing makes you feel so loved as a big box of cookies. I don't think I've experienced that particular joy since college.
Sammy the kitty loves Christmas too. Mostly he loves the curly ribbon tied around presents. He doesn't play with it in adorable kitty fashion however. He eats it. By the yard. We cut off the ribbon from any and all presents under the tree in an effort to thwart his unnatural appetite. He also eats plastic grocery bags. And snubs his cat treats. But he will accept, on occasion, a small dollop of mayonaise. So last night after feeding him his supper in the garage, I go out to get the laundry basket only to find that he has puked up not a small quantity of Friskies on the roof of my car. It's sliding down the window and the front door panel -- got the handle, check! And resting in the puddle on the floor is a little cheery knot of green christmas ribbon. Joyeux Noel tout le monde!

1 Comments:

Blogger jm said...

See, this is why I'm not a cat person. Of course, dogs do this too, but I somehow find that ok. Go figure!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home