Saturday, December 03, 2005

frost

Actual frozen stuff on the blades of grass on the northern hills when we walked this morning. My cheeks are a little chilly now that I am back inside. It's almost like weather!
It has been suggested that I need to socialize more. No doubt! The problem with that is that I'd actually have to talk to people, and you know how much I hate to do that. Well, I'm kind of kidding.
In the last two weeks my sweet baby has gone from waking up once a night to waking up three times a night -- and then rising and shining around 5:30. Why is he doing this? Can you tell me? I think grumpy thoughts with remnants of disturbed sleep under the covers of my warm bed, but when I pad down the hall and peek into the crib he smiles at me like he's been waiting for me on a sunny patio with a drink. I'll fall back into despair some other time.

1 Comments:

Blogger jm said...

Ah, why do any of us do anything? Because we can. We define our sphere of influence and do what we can to exert our will. I'm pretty sure that's what the battles over music volume are with teenagers...they're attempting to increase their sphere of influence. And then we grow up and realize the only thing we have control over is our hair, and most days not even that!

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home