Tuesday, May 09, 2006

city mouse

In the last couple weeks wherein I have been disconected from my beloved computer, I have composed in my head many little blurbs for this blog of mine. I can't think of them now, only the sillier themes: the fascination I have with other people's filth as I scrub out a cabinet and dispose of used insulin syringes, the bizarrely delicate baroque (or is is rococo) chandalier over the table in the wood paneled dining nook.
There have been a few agonizing moments over the last couple weeks. Moments in which I covered my head with my hands and realized that everything was totally fucked up. Like the first night in our new apartment, when I brought Gabriel into his new bedroom and realized that I could not only hear, but feel the music coming from our downstairs neighbor's apartment. My mom, dad and M kept telling me, it's going to work out, it will. And I met their assurances with a stony, "I just don't see how." But in a way, you see, it did. Gabriel wasn't sleeping anyway. And having bass pounding into his skull while trying to fall asleep didn't seem to make much difference. He fell asleep while the music was playing and woke up 6 times after they turned it off. So there you go.
But let's talk about how great it is to be back in the city. It is great. It is fun to go out and walk around and actually see people. There's the lake. There's a whole bunch of neat stuff we haven't even discovered.
The little city mouse is awake now. We must be off for our afternoon constitutional. See you later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home