Tuesday, December 27, 2005

child of consumerism

Gabriel loves to shop. When he gets cranky and tired of life at home with Ma, we go out in the bjorn. The grocery store was okay, but last week we braved the mall pre-xmas. I was expecting, well, I didn't know what to expect. The crush and stimulation of the mall make me want to cry usually, so I figured it would be a real short trip. Instead, he was entranced by the lights, the people, the bright shiny products. Now that he gets to face out in the carrier, he's turned into a flirt, offering those fleeting smiles to those who catch his eye. Finally, he did wear down, but instead of fussing himself to sleep, as usual, he peacefully drifted off, happy in his environment. I didn't even realize until I noticed people pointing and smiling at my droopy puppet. Today we're going back to exchange a few items, and I find myself looking forward to the trip. Finally, I've found an activity my son enjoys!

1 Comments:

Blogger jm said...

Of course he's a flirt! He's totally adorable! He must know it. Who could resist smiling at him?

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home