Friday, January 06, 2006

feeling better!

The ravages of mere virus have passed. I resolve to be much more vigilant about hand washing, herbal tea and sick contacts. I will shun them. Right. I will not, however, use the antibacterial soaps, lotions, and new anti-viral tissues offered for sale to all germophobes. A healthy immune system does require something to fight off, I believe. Otherwise the body gets bored and starts making up activities for itself in the form of allergies.
Anyway, Gabriel tried solids for the first time yesterday. I had thought that I might do the super-dooper breastfeeding exclusively through 6 months, supposedly so good for babies, preventing allergies and such. I noticed, though, that G made these rather adorable chewing motions when he watched me eat. A little rice cereal can't hurt, right? My mother gave me cereal when I was a mere month old and I turned out all right, or at least allergy free. Anyway, it proved a low-key success. I believe he was intrigued. He accepted 6-7 spoonfuls, most of which ended up on chin and bib, but no worries. We'll try again today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home