Monday, April 03, 2006

craigslist take me away!

I have been a rather lackadaisical blogger of late. I had this lovely long depressing entry in a mildly amusing style all typed up last week only to have it eaten by the blog formatting gods. I lacked the heart to dredge it all up again and this week cannot recall the angst properly, anyhow. Such fun with brain chemistry.
I guess I have been busy. Is that anything like a proper excuse? I mean, there are plenty of people out there with entertaining and prolific blogs who also have full time jobs, kids, the works. I've got the kiddo, true. I guess blogging seeemed to be cutting into my stare-out-the-window time, which I value very heavily. I have been doing a fair amount of driving around looking at apartments. We are now commited to moving as we have submitted our 30-day notice-to-vacate to our charming landlords. I guess we should now find somewhere to go. I have walked through a few really awful houses, the worst of which recalled in atmosphere and odor the basement of the house I lived in during my junior and senior year at college. Oh yeah, that bad, complete with a flickering florescent light overhead. I think we'll put the baby in that room and see if we can trigger a seizure to go with his mold-induced asthma after living one week in this dump (a bargain at $1500 a month!). Others are perfect but too small, or pleasant except for the groups of young men in hooded sweatshirts loitering across the street at 2pm on a Tuesday. We still have time to find the perfect one, of course, if my nerves can stand it.
What else? Gabriel had no sooner established himself as a sitter, than he decided he hates sitting and wants to stand. I blame my mother (of course!). When she came for a visit, they played and played and she held him up so he could see out the front window on his tippy toes. He was in ecstasy. Now, he wants to stand up all the time and wants me to hold him there while he wobbles back and forth. Try to set him on his can, and wails quickly begin, the little stinker. I'm trying not to obsess too much about having raised a spoiled little bean already. This is a temporary situation -- within months he'll be standing on his own and then walking, and then... my god, all this baby stuff will be done.

1 Comments:

Blogger cmm said...

I can't wait until he talks. I want to see if his voice is the voice I script for him to go with his various facial expressions. I rather think it's not, but it amuses me in the meantime. G is so on the precipice of major motion. You can tell by how much he fusses. The desire to move still outstrips his coordination. I am looking forward to (and dreading) the day it all comes together.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home