Saturday, March 04, 2006

how big a nerd am I?

M is at a conference in Long Beach. Gets back tonight. In his absence I have been renting episodes of CSI from the video store. The whole 5th season, actually. I find it fascinating, I confess. The cheezy montages, the gore, the quasi-science, the puns, I just can't get enough. This leads me to my other TV obsession, yes, Lost. This one is M's fault though. In my post-partum haziness, Matt proceeded to rent the entire 1st season, which we watched while taking turns bouncing the baby on the exercise ball. We paused it when G started screaming so we wouldn't miss a minute. It took about a week and a half for us to get through it all. I had a dream in the midst of our Lost-o-rama that the radio in our bedroom, which we had turned to static for in an attempt to lull Gabriel to sleep, started playing "the numbers," in a creepy, Spanish accented voice. I am fairly certain that this really happend, but when I told M about it, he burst out laughing, which helped me to realize that I was, in fact, becoming obsessed. A weak mind beset by too many hormones and too many shots of Naveen Andrews in a wet T-shirt. Bestill my nerdy heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home