Sunday, June 25, 2006

wish us luck

Well, tomorrow's the big day: my first day back after nearly a year home with Gabriel. He had a full day at daycare on Friday and by all reports had a great day. He played on the floor amidst the chaos, he slept with the big kids, he ate his sweet potatoes and yogurt, he had a swing outside in the yard. Sure, he looks stricken with betrayal when I drop him off, and seems to take a few moments to recognize me when I pick him up, but that's normal, right? Right?
So he's ready. I am not feeling quite so ready. Still, I have located my white coat and I think I know where my stethescope is (bedroom closet? maybe?).
I'll be at the county hospital, a mere mile from our apartment, starting with Pulmonology. I don't remember exactly why I thought that was a good idea, but whatever. Best to just jump in. Ready to feel like a complete idiot all of the time -- the student's role. Reminiscent of the parent's role, now that I think of it, but without the chortling laughs and newly toothy grins of baby to ease the pain.
I'll keep you posted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home