Monday, June 05, 2006

yet another new baby trick

When Gabriel doesn't care for whatever it is I'm pushing in the solid food department he leans over his highchair and, pbbbrrtt, watches as it dribbles out of his mouth onto the floor. Today, breakfast (prunes and barley) and lunch (tofu, yogurt and bananas) met the same fate. Fili loves it and she stands at attention off the starboard side waiting for more baby chum to fall her way. After lunch, she had creamy drips on her head and ears. She's a dedicated soul. At the spitting point, I am forced to conclude that lunchtime is over, even if he's only had two bites. I very much want to sit him up straight, order him to open his mouth: now, that's a good boy, you'll eat this and you'll LIKE it. But, oddly enough, it doesn't seem to work that way.
My friend JM referred to Gabriel as my co-worker. I like that. As if we are involved in some fabulous and intricate project requiring much consultation and late nights. He's a bit of a whiner, though, I've noticed. And refuses, point blank, to do any of the admin work. But he is definately an out-of-the-box thinker -- more like an out-of-the-box-and-all-over-the-floor thinker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home