Monday, May 29, 2006

happy summer

It's summer! It is! It is! Time for a BBQ! Time for the beach! Time to retire the black shoes! Ha!
Our downstairs neighbors, they of the thump-thump bass through the floorboards at baby bedtime (I have never been so pissed to hear Ani DiFranco in my life -- Goddamn women's empowerment shite) invited us over for a BBQ last night. They have a new puppy, and with such an inducement I felt I could leave VH1's 100 top celebrity break-ups and my sleeping child to mingle a bit. We brought the baby monitor down, not that you need it really in our building. We can hear pretty much everything. The third tenant was there too, a lovely single mother with twin 9-year old girls. The only oddity I can report there is a proclivity for gardening under our window while smoking Marlboros (the mother, not the girls). It could be worse. Anyway, we went, we ate salmon, we cooed over the dog (a sweet border collie mix), we chatted in that stilted way of mismatched strangers wishing they had a LOT more alcohol. Still, it was kind of fun, which probably says more about our ridiculously circumscribed social lives post-Gabriel than anything else.
Today, I am going shopping for a dress to wear to the two weddings we have to go to in the next month. I haven't bought a dress or anything vaguely form fitting in, oh, a year and a half. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger jm said...

Did you find a dress? What does it look like?

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home