Sunday, July 02, 2006

evidence

So I have something to confess. Prepare yourself. It's pretty heinous.
I walked all the way down to the farmer's market with Gabriel on Saturday and I forgot to put sunscreen on him. No, let's be perfectly honest, shall we? Having hoisted him onto my back and having fastened the buckles on the fabulous Ergo, the thought, "shoot, I forgot to put sunscreen on him," shot through my head. "He has his hat on," I said to myself. "We won't be gone long," I rationalized. And then I left the house.
I know. Terrible, Britney Spears-type mothering. And here is the sad proof. My baby with a farmer's sunburn. Your mother's nothing but an over-educated redneck, kid, and she's fixin' to make you just like her. Poor baby.


4 Comments:

Blogger jm said...

Here! Here! Secret Rednecks with too much education which only serves to make them feel guilty over the parenting skills that have worked for generations UNITE!

9:11 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

A fair-skinned lad too, I see, tsk tsk! Just kidding, I think he will be more than fine - with a mom concerned about sunscreen - you've got piles more mothering skills than Britney!

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's all right. i bashed my kid's head into a doorframe today as i swooped around wearing that fabulous ergo. it builds character.

6:26 PM  
Blogger cmm said...

Aw, thanks guys. You make me feel better. Or would have except I went out and did the exact same f*&#@ thing this weekend too. Oh, I remembered the sunscreen, all right. I slathered it on arms and legs and nose and when he kept yanking his baby Gap denim sunhat (trop chic) I rubbed it right into his hair. But, wouldn't you know, I missed a spot or three, so he's scooting around on his butt with flame red swoops under his eyes and another stripe on his neck. Live and don't learn again must be my motto. Gah!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home