Saturday, July 15, 2006

on the move

Gabriel is officially mobile. He has eschewed the classic crawl in favor of scooting around on his butt with his left leg tucked under him and his right leg propelling him crab-like across the floor. He's been working on it for weeks now, but had been moving so slow you needed time-lapse photography to catch him in action. My time-lapse brain, however, allowed me to become engrossed in something and look up minutes later to see him at the dog bowl, emptying it out in baby-sized hand splashes all over the floor. Now, however, you can see him moving in real time and it is frightening to behold. His favorite places in the house now are 1) the VCR/CD shelf where he presses buttons (he has figured out how to eject a tape AND put it back in -- the technology gene turns on rather early, I gather) and pounds mercilessly. 2) the aformentioned dog water. 3) any electric cord.
Our house is not exactly baby proofed. I've tried to pick the more caustic chemicals up off the floor, but aside from that, I guess I've opted to be on-my-toes, mostly because I am too lazy to embark on any large safety project. We don't have steps (inside at least) for him to go tumbling down, so if I can keep him from electrocuting himself we should be okay. Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home